Tuesday, August 19, 2014

The Shortlist

Edit: I thought I'd update this post with a chart source that better illustrates what I'm seeing.

Under Armour (UA):
At $70 a share and a P/E of over 90 UA is very expensive. Analyst estimates are at $70 a share so there needs to be a major pull back before I can buy some and it won't be until UA reports less then stellar growth numbers for the stock to return to realistic valuations. I'm waiting for under 60.



Church & Dwight (CHD):
It's P/E is at 24 which is higher than the average for this sector at 20. Low 60s would be my starting position.




EOG Resources (EOG):
The low barrel price of oil is hitting the energy sector and with a P/E of 24 and price of around $106 I could pick up half a position now but I'm waiting patiently for a down day.