Saturday, June 7, 2014

Portfolio Highlight: PE

Now that I have what I think is a pretty stable portfolio going I think it's time to start adding more risk and right now the two hottest sectors are bio-pharmaceuticals and natural gas drillers. Personally I find energy companies more interesting which makes researching them feel less like homework so that's how I ended up on Parsley Energy (PE).

This is actually a recent IPO stock and it did well considering how bad other IPOs were doing. They are a very small and focused natural gas driller in the Permian Basin in Texas which is third to the Bakken and Eagle Ford shales. They already have the land and are using the growing revenue from their existing vertical wells to fund additional wells and expand into more higher yielding horizontal wells. IPO funds will be used to pay down debt and buy more land purchases. As a long term pick I'm expecting to see consistent well expansions and revenue growth.